Monday, March 16, 2009

Surgery Prep

I know it has been forever!! I really have no excuse. I just haven't really felt like I've had a lot to blog about. But as most of you know...I'm going to have a lot of time to blog in the next week or so. I have my jaw surgery on Wednesday this week. I am anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time!

Last week I did all of my prep like going to the surgeon for another check up and I went to the hospital to check-in. At this point I am really just ready for it all to be over. I will be on a strictly liquid diet for 2 weeks. Probably at least one of those weeks my mouth will be banded shut. I have a check up one week after the surgery and I'm not sure if they will keep me shut or start taking some of the rubber bands off. I do know, however, that I am going to be pretty bruised. I will then have another 2 weeks of soft foods only. I have taken 3 weeks off of work. Right now I'm hoping that is the right amount of time. I want to be feeling and looking well enough to go back to work but I don't want to be wishing I had gone back sooner.

Anyway- Please just pray that all goes well on Wednesday and that this surgery will really be the answer I have been looking for. My biggest fear is that it won't help! Thank you so much to those of you who have already been praying for me. I have such wonderful friends!!!

3 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

We will definitely be remembering you in prayer. I know this is a BIG deal and not an easy thing to go through. We're praying it goes smoothly and really helps all of the problems.

Collin and Christy said...

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow and over these next 3 weeks! I was going to say you better have a blog every day since you'll be home....but then I remembered what you are like when you are drugged! HAH! Please don't forget where your bathroom is! Tell your mom to watch out for that!
Seriously, I hope you recover quickly!

Jane said...

Saying prayers!!! I've read on e-mail that your surgery went well and I am glad to hear it! I'll keep the prayers coming and would love to bring you some...applesauce, or something! Just holler (or e-mail, or have Aaron holler). :)