Saturday, March 21, 2009

Details and Thank You's

I am finally feeling like I am able to sit up and blog a little. First of all, thank you so much for all of your prayers, visits, concerns and flowers! It has been a rough couple of days but I am hoping it is looking up.

Everything went pretty smoothly on Wednesday. I have to say...they were very timely. There was not a lot of waiting around. Once they started the anesthesia I think I was only in surgery fo
r about 45 minutes. The surgeon did say there was more bleeding than he would have liked but it was nothing threatening. Basically it was just annoying to him. I was only in recovery for about 45 minutes as well and they got me straight to my room. That 45 minutes in recovery was pretty bad, though. I don't think I have ever been in that much pain.

My nurses and techs took very good care of me in my room. I only had to get one real shot...and my arm still hurts!! I slept most of the day Wednesday, but yes I do remember everyone that came by =).
My cheeks are still pretty swollen and I am in some pain but the medicine they gave me is helping. You can't really tell how swollen my cheeks are in the picture but my mom says they have gone down a lot. And I really only have a little bruising. I don't know if I should expect more.

I haven't really been that hungry yet but I have had a couple of shakes. I can have anything that I can get through a straw on the side of my mouth. Which means it has to be thin enough to go through my teeth. We've discovered that seeds and applesauce are not good. =)

Anyway, I will try to keep blogging as I get better. Right now I'm just praying for some easier days. It's hard to get comfortable because they don't want me to lay all the way down and today is the first day I don't have to keep the ice pack on so that should help.

Thank you for all of your encouragement!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,

Hang in there!! I know this has got to be a frustrating time for you. Praying for a fast recovery!! Josh said "HI, and that he hopes your mouth feels better soon!"

Thinking of you,
Jennifer

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Hang in there! I'm glad the surgery went well. We're praying you through the next couple of weeks until you're much better. Love you.

Sunny said...

I am glad that you are feeling a little bit better. I hope that you are able to rest well and that the pain continues to decrease.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad it went well! I will email you soon--it's been crazy around here! I'm glad your mom can be with you--tell her hi for me! :) Love you!

Jane said...

Gracious, girl! That is something! I hope your recovery goes quickly!!! We are sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Stefanie said...

We will keep you in our prayers as you continue to heal. I am glad to see that the surgery went well, you are a trooper. Keep us posted as the weeks go on.