The first week at my 2 new schools is over and I am officially exhausted!! This week has just seemed to drag on. I started teaching music at Heritage and Columbia elementary and so far it is going pretty well. I am at Heritage on Monday/Tuesday and Columbia Wed/Thurs/Friday. They are the two most crowed schools in our district. All the classes I have seen this week have been very good. Hopefully they will stay that way!!
At Heritage I have my own classroom, but at Columbia I am on a cart. The cart is not my favorite thing. I really hate having to go into another teacher's room. It's hard to bring all of my materials. I feel pretty limited. I know it has to be hard on the classroom teacher as well. Some of them stay while I am teaching but some of them leave. It's a little awkward. See the thing is....I am totally silly and make a fool of myself during class. The kids love it but it's intimidating with their teacher in the room! I was a little worried about discipline because they are so comfortable in their own room, but it was ok this week. I guess we'll see.....
Oh one pretty funny thing was said this week by a student. We were doing some movement to a song and one party said "riding east or west the taxi cab is the best." We were using our thumbs like we were hitching a ride. Well, when I explained that we were going to ride in a taxi....one of the kids raised their hand and said....my cousin was born in a taxi!! LOL! Gotta love it!
Friday, January 9, 2009
First week back
Posted by Clark's at 5:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a funny story! You never know what is about to come out of a child's mouth. My favorite was when a 4 year old told me that her daddy was in prison!!! YIKES!!!
I hope that your transition continues to go well. I can't imagine being on a cart and having to stay in the room with the teacher. I am fine in front of the little kids, but put in front of adults and I am just not the same.
Post a Comment