My room at Horizon sometimes becomes the catch all room since I am only there two days a week. Today when I came in the American flag the school uses was laying in the back of my room on the table. Apparently it got rained on yesterday so they laid it out in there to dry. So of course all the kids asked about it all day long. Well during my last class today, which is kindergarten, I was using the scarves. I started to point out to them that they needed to be careful if they were standing by the flag not to hit it. I was talking about how we need to be respectful of the flag. I told them that we don't want it to end up on the floor. Then, one of my wonderful kindergartners went on to say how the American flag is the most important flag in the world...we need to take care of it...I was so impressed by what he was saying.
So it got me thinking...what happens to us after kindergarten? Why are some things not so important to us anymore? Why can't things be that simple for us now? Sometimes I wish I could still be like my kindergartners...to not have to worry about the economy, my paycheck, my retirement. I could go on and on. Man....to be 5 years old again...
Thursday, December 11, 2008
A patriotic kindergartner
Posted by Clark's at 4:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You mean instead of being almost 26?? Yeah, I thought so. :) I'll be five years old with you. It'll be fun!
Happy Birthday! Hope Aaron got you the next books for your b day so you don'thave to wait till christmas!!!
Post a Comment