Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthday and Such

This past weekend was filled with so many great things! It is amazing how much you can do in one weekend even when it didn't seem like you could fit it all in. On Friday night Aaron and I started (yes i said STARTED) our Christmas shopping. Surprisingly it was a pretty easy deal....we didn't get it finished but we got a lot done. Also- Aaron took me to eat at P.F. Chang for my early birthday dinner. It was soooo good! He also gave me an indoor grill...it's really cool. It is like those ones that you can put on your burners on the stovetop. But I can't do that because they don't work very well on a flat top stove. This one works like an electric skillet. I can't wait to try it out.

Saturday- We left at about 8:30 a.m. to go to Memphis for a college friend's wedding. It was very simple and nice. They had a coffee bar which was great! And we got to see a couple of friends we haven't seen in a while. After the wedding we went to Mary Catherine and Jon's house (Aaron's sister and brother-in-law) for our first Christmas of the year. MC made a wonderful dinner!!! We had prime rib, acorn squash, grandpa Herb's green beans, and some wonderful mushrooms. Oh yeah- and a coffee dessert. Then we opened our Christmas gifts. I got an awesome saribari purse . The purse was made by a woman from India that at one time was sold for sex. These women have been rescued and given a job. The purses they make are made out of a sari (a traditional Indian dress). They make all of them by hand and support themselves and their family with this job. Also, inside the purse is the name of the women who made it. I think it is such an awesome gift because you are giving your money to a worthy cause and you can pray for the woman (and her family) who made your purse. MC told me that they sell out of them very quickly. No one purse is alike either. In January they are staring a new thing where you can throw a saribari party (kind of like pampered chef). So, we didn't leave Memphis until about 9:00 and pulled in our driveway around 12:15 a.m.!!! What a long day!

Sunday was my birthday and it was such a great day! I got to ha
ng out with all the people I love and go to a rockin' Christmas party with our lifegroup from church. We played some fun Christmas games and some of us wore tacky Christmas sweaters.


I have been so blessed with such an awesome husband, family and friends. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and for a great weekend! I don't know what I would do without all of you!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I love the story behind your purse. That is really awesome that you got one and you have a name to pray for.

I'm so happy that you were able to get away and enjoy Christmas with your family. And, I'm very happy that you had a wonderful birthday!

Rachel said...

This post made me happy. :) I'm so glad you had a good weekend/birthday. That purse sounds so neat! I am sad that we just missed each other, though--I got to Memphis on Sunday! Love you!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

I'm glad you had a good b-day weekend. Love the Christmas sweaters. :)