Saturday, November 22, 2008

It was so worth it!

So last night a couple of us went to Bridge Street (a new fancy shopping center in town) to see them officially light the Christmas tree. It is a huge tree at one of the ends of the center. It was especially cold last night so I was all wrapped up in my scarf, hat and gloves. We fought through parking and a very big crowd to get close enough to actually see them put the RED BUTTON for the lights to come on. They introduced a couple of important people...the owner of Bridge Street, the mayor and Santa!! So here we go....Ok folks it time to countdown from 5 and when we get to the end I will push the red button (says the owner). This is like Huntsville's ball drop I guess. The whole crowd starts.....5....4....3....2....1..........nothing. Nothing happens at all! So of course everyone in the crowd is laughing. So they lady goes- oh silly Santa you forgot to touch your nose. "Oh yes, of course...ho ho ho!" Here we go again....5....4....3....2....1......nothing. So now we've got some nervous laughter going from the owner as then Santa says well folks, what about some SNOW! Last year that had machines blowing fake snow of the rooftops of the stores. Well of course, no snow. Nothing is working! After about 10-15 more minutes they finally come back, we count down for the 3rd time, and it finally works! It was very pretty and so worth it to see that happen!

Anyway- have a great weekend!

3 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

That's halarious! Didn't happen quite like they had planned. I'm sure it's so pretty, though.

Sunny said...

That's so funny! I'm sure that it was beautiful once it was lit!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like it is really night. I didn't know they did all of that or we may have ventured out there too! BTW - your new blog template looks good.