Aaron and I had a late Valentine's in Nashville this weekend. We had such a great time! It was nice to get to go somewhere just the two of us and relax. Oddly enough, the hotel where we stayed screwed up our room but it ended up being a good thing!
We checked in then went up to our room and quickly realized that this was not the room be booked and paid for. It was a very small room with two double beds! So, Aaron being the wonderful husband that he is called the front desk and gave them what for!! Well- he wasn't mean about it. =) Basically, they had realized they didn't have a king room and decided they thought it would be ok to put us in a room with doubles. That was not ok with us! They didn't even call us to ask or anything. Of course, when he called downstairs that said they were all booked up. So, we pretty much started saying we would just leave and go somewhere else- I don't know where we would go because everywhere was booked this weekend! The woman at the desk told us to come back downstairs and she would have something she thought we would like. Aaron made it very clear that we were not going to pay any more...she of course, said we would not. We went downstairs and got our new keys. It was for the top floor. We get up there and are walking down the hall as we notice the rooms on this floor all have special names and are a suite. So we are getting pretty excited! Our room was a huge corner room at the end of the hall- the Governor's Suite!! It was awesome! We had a huge dining room table..an office.. a plasma tv..and two bathrooms! It was great room!!
Saturday, we got up and went to The Hermitage. It was the home of President Andrew Jackson. He had over 1,000 acres of land. It was a neat place and we got a lot of exercise! We also found a Fizoli's for lunch! I thought all of them were gone! We also went to Centennial Park and the Parthenon. That's where I gave Aaron his Valentine's gift- that's right....two tickets to the Monster Truck show that night in Nashville...just a block from our hotel. He had no idea! What a great surprise! So, we went to Joe's Crabshack for dinner then off to the show. I have to say, it really wasn't that bad. It was pretty entertaining. We have some good pictures I can post later.
But today- it's back to normal life. Back to work tomorrow for Aaron. I have the day off! Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day and weekend!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Nashville
Posted by Clark's at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That sounds like an awesome trip!! Glad y'all got to hang out and have a great weekend away! Those get pretty important when you've got lots going on!! I'm jealous you have the day off, Collin does too :(
That really does sound like an amazing weekend! Casey and I are hoping to take one similar to it at the end of March, but who knows. We should catch up soon!
Sounds like a lot of fun! Nashville is a great city to visit. I'm glad that you guys were able to enjoy a great Valentine's weekend together!
sara beth, if you haven't read my dream blog yet, you need to because you are in it...hehe, you have a pretty major/funny part in it too
It sounds like you guys had a great trip! I'm glad that your hotel problem worked out so nicely.
new blog please
ok...so I bet you know what I'm thinking....since I've already said it before....don't let us down like you did with the vblogs! :)
Post a Comment